"Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength." Betty Friedan
Thoughts on aging now that I am closer to 70 than 60:
- I no longer obsess on the insecurities of my youth.
- I exercise for my health and wellbeing rather than the goal of a toned body as these bulges will probably be with me for the rest of my life
- I have accepted the fact that I am short and don't feel the need to wear heels or platforms (not that my feet would even tolerate them at this point)
- I feel comfortable wearing what I want rather than trying to impress
- I appreciate the friends I can count on and try to stay clear of the people that suck my energy
- I'm ok spending time alone and enjoy doing things spontaneously without relying on making advance plans with others
- If a book is not enjoyable, I'll stop reading it.
- I color my gray for me.
- I no longer berate myself for past financial mistakes. Retirement is not an option and I'm ok with that
- And finally, I accept that many things are out of my control, so I try my best to take one day at a time.